“When you want to help….
In a time of crisis people naturally want to reach out and help. We appreciate those efforts and have a few suggestions for you to consider.
Most appreciated by firefighters:
● Thank you notes and banners
● Donations to local recovery efforts
● Donations to Wildland Firefighter Foundation: http://www.wffoundation.org
● Join or support your local fire department or emergency organizations- they appreciate your generosity since they are the first responders in many cases.
● Donate to local charitable organizations like the Red Cross.
● Donate to local food banks, which sometimes get forgotten when fires impact a community.
● Create and maintain a defensible space around your home! Give emergency responders and yourself a safe area to defend your home in or retreat to, if necessary.
Note: Fire camps cannot accept food items due to health and federal contract regulations. We feed our assigned fire crews three meals a day plus snacks.”